True. Honorable. Just. Pure. Lovely. Commendable. Excellent. Worthy of Praise.

True. Honorable. Just. Pure. Lovely. Commendable. Excellent. Worthy of Praise.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 17 (Sunday, Feb. 28): Networking Made Easy

Day Seventeen
There were several great parts to yesterday but one of the main ones that sticks out to me is when my friend Valerie gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. She and I were talking about my brother and how he's moving to LA soon. She soon led into telling me that her brother is there, working for the Grammys and Emmys! Whaaaaaatttt? She also knows someone who works with directors on movies like "Pirates of the Caribbean" and other big movies that I am blanking on, much to my annoyance. She said I could get her my brother's info and she'd put them in contact with each other. Ummmmmm wow!!! I didn't even hint at this but she came out with it because she's that kind of person :)

I always enjoy Church, whether it's because of a great sermon or fellowship. I talked to a lot of friends, as well as people I rarely talk to or see. For instance, I got to talk to someone who I hadn't seen in awhile. In fact, she'd always intimidated me somewhat (because she's so pretty, etc). But for some reason, I was in a talkative and friendly mood, as has been the case lately, praise God! We caught up briefly, then exchanged numbers and will hopefully see each other more often. Haha, and as an unofficial event planner with my friends, she will definitely be getting texts from me. (It's so fun getting people together, I am surprised to find out. There's something cool about seeing unlikely people get along so well and having fun.)

Another highlight was when Andrea told me what she meant by her text the night before. She told me something she'd been observing about me, and we agreed that we would get together when she gets back in the country, to talk about it further. I am really interested in developing that for sure. It's so nice when people actually invest themselves in others and try to help them grow.

Laurs, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment