True. Honorable. Just. Pure. Lovely. Commendable. Excellent. Worthy of Praise.

True. Honorable. Just. Pure. Lovely. Commendable. Excellent. Worthy of Praise.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 2: Compliment

Day Two:
I got to do three of my favorite things today: Eat sushi, spend time at the library, and be with my family. We ran business ideas by each other, laughed about inside jokes, and just had a great day in general. They also helped me build my side business on half.com.

However, I had a late night and was pretty tired after lunch. So, when I finally couldn't take it anymore, I took the keys, very much anticipating a nice little nap while they finished up inside.

On the way out, a guy who was walking in called me gorgeous.

Maybe I should roll my eyes or display elements of feminist indignation, but I didn't ;) Instead it made me smile the rest of the day. It's not like he tried to get my digits or grab at me or whatever.

So really, it was a day full of kindnesses in general. My family and I have always been quite close, but our relationship has been getting better lately, and I'm thrilled and thankful. And it really means a lot to me the way they've been complimenting me today and every other day about my many improvements/changes. It's also really nice how they're always so supportive of my many endeavors and ideas, whether as an entrepreneur or otherwise.

Week One's Proactive Deed(s):
So, I realized that this whole week's span of time could count in the category of proactive deeds. Therefore, I have quite a few proactive deeds to document:

~ Starting this blog. I've been wanting to start one for awhile, even slightly before finally seeing Julie and Julia. (Seeing that movie really solidified my desire, though it took until now to actually do it.)
~ I decided to take a TV fast this week (up until the weekend) which gave me loads more (quality) time.
~ I made a well-practiced presentation to my boss about my role in the company. I even got a better deal out of it than I'd anticipated! I was firm about the things I was not going to do, and accepted the things he was saying no to me about too. And actually, the compromise we came to is much better than what I had envisioned, so I'm THRILLED with the situation. Even if I didn't get the full raise I tried for, I'm glad I was bold about it. Plus, if I achieve everything I told him I would, I'll get another raise in 3 or so months. So, I will be getting a raise after all ;)
~ I lost 4 pounds. I didn't even try! In fact, honestly, I don't know how it happened. Haha, I'm just glad it did! It's funny because a little while back, I tried to drop 10 pounds but actually gained a pound or two lol. So, praise God for that fun surprise.

..............................

Okay, so I came up with a great amendment to my 1-year blogging experience. I don't want things to come to the point of "forcing" good deeds per se. Therefore, on days where I don't interact with people, or on days where people are nothing but rude to me, those are the days that I absolutely HAVE TO do something nice for other people. It won't even count as my proactive deed for the week, but will be built into my day.

After all, I'm not ignorant of the fact that I'm going to have bad days or interact with people who are having a bad day. So, the way to offset a potentially bad day, is to proactively "Pollyanna" it up. In other words, I will do my part in making the world around me a better place.

Laurs, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment